Tidbits About Me
- Even though I grew up in the Caribbean and love the ocean, nothing awes and inspires me more than the mountains.
- The first cassette tape I ever bought was the Sister Act soundtrack. I still think it’s pretty awesome.
- I have fallen off the healthy eating train more times than I can count. This may be due to my love of pastries.
- Despite many years excelling with complicated mathematics and statistics in university, I can’t seem to split a bill.
- I am equally frustrated and in love with creating websites and blogging, and spend far too much time tinkering.
- I try to organize my life with to-do lists and OneNote. It’s a work in progress.
- On my attempt to reach Everest Base Camp, I was “that guy” in my trekking group who needed to be heli-rescued due to illness. As this is a dream of mine, I will return!
Ricky Chin, Msc holds a Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Statistics from the University of Guelph. He recently completed the Newfield Coach Training Program, a world-class Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) certified by the International Coach Federation (ICF). He is currently pursuing his PN1 nutrition coaching certification through Precision Nutrition.
Introverted by nature, he enjoys deeper discussions related to: goal setting; “making things happen”; resiliency; overcoming boundaries and barriers; health and nutrition; personal growth and development by intention; and being one’s true and authentic self. He’s insatiably curious about why and how individuals are able and unable to form habits or carry out practices in the pursuit of an outcome they truly desire.
Ricky’s day job includes statistical analysis and clinical data management for chronic disease and food allergy research groups. When he’s not combing through gigabytes of data or exploring matters of the heart, you can find him immersed in various fitness activities, taking advantage of the incredible hiking trails and mountain scrambling routes, or planning his next travel adventure.
Gallup® Strengthsfinder® Top 5 Themes: Intellection, Relator, Consistency, Achiever, Harmony